Day 7 of the Small Changes, BIG Impact Challenge has begun! Todays challenge may be something you are already doing to help our Earth. For this 7th Day of our Challenge, I would like you to gather and organize your reusable grocery bags. No more forgetting them at home. Let’s find a system that works for you and put those bags to use more often.
So many options
There are so many options for reusable grocery bags these days. You can see canvas, netted mesh, cotton, nylon, zippered, thermal, etc. on just one trip to the grocery store (or Farmer’s Market or Target or, well, you get it…anywhere). I happen to have a mix of all of these types and I use them often.
Why use reusable grocery bags?
Reusable grocery bags save natural resources from being unnecessarily used. You can reuse the same grocery bag over and over and over again. Many are washable, but some are not. I have a nice little stash of these reusable bags that contain a BacLock lining in them taking on all of the yuck and funk. Many stores have discounts per bag used or have a monthly ticket program drawing for a free gift card. Heck, some bags just can carry more weight and you don’t have to worry about it breaking from the car to the kitchen. Whatever your reason, reusable is a great option.
How will I remember to take my reusable bags with me?
- Always put them back into your car after you unload groceries
- Get a FREE window cling from Conserving Now to remind you to bring your bags
- Put them right by the door or near your purse
- Get in the habit (Guys, I still forget mine sometimes. I think I am doing a good job if all of my kids have clean underwear on. Right!!!)
- Put ‘BAGS’ on the top of your groceries list. You are likely to see it and remember to grab them for the grocery trip.