Welcome to our halfway point of the Small Changes, BIG Impact Challenge!!! How are you doing? Are you learning a few new things? Any questions? What have you tried so far?
Today we are going to learn about some alternative items you can stock your medicine cabinet with. The challenge for you today is to question what is currently in your cabinet and ask yourself which one you can replace with an alternative listed below. I strive to keep my medicine cabinet stocked with essential oils, homeopathic remedies, herbs, food stuffs like coconut oil and honey, and chiropractic care. So what do I use those things for?
- Bumps, bruises, scrapes, burns, colds, coughs, anxiety, and even to scare away monsters
- I prefer Young Living Oils, but there are many great companies to choose from
- Some of my favorites are:
- Peace and Calming
- I use it in my diffuser necklace almost daily
- Helps center me
- We diffused it throughout our homebirth
- I dab it on my wrist to calm myself into a relaxing sleep
- I like to put it behind my ears when I am needing a little boost of confidence and want to draw great things my way
- I have heard of people putting it onto paystubs, lottery tickets, etc. to help bring good fortune
- Anytime someone in our family is having a cold or cough, I diffuse it in their room while sleeping
- If someone is sick, I like to diffuse Thieves to help ward off any spreading of the yuckies
- I rub on whatever area of the body is hurting
- So many more, but let’s keep this shortish
- Peace and Calming
- Boiron is my go to homeopathic brand. They are widely available and are a trusted company I have been using for years.
- A few of my favorites are:
- Nux Vomica (for nausea….pregnancy and post fun night on the town)
- Mezereum (for congestion)
- Arnica Montana (for owies, aches, and pains)
- I keep my cabinet stocked with Elderberries, Nettles, Echinacea, and other beneficial herbs.
- Herbs can be harvested and bought locally or you can choose to buy from a company like Frontier brand.
Coconut Oil and Honey
- We use organic coconut oil to mix Essential Oils in and also to eat for the healthy fats (yes, fat is healthy!).
- Honey is used for burns and also as an antibacterial for cuts and scrapes. Honey being used for wound care dates back over 4,500 years.
- Technically not in my medicine cabinet, but chiropractic care is a go to when any of us are feeling sick or are not functioning well. For example, if we overdid it putting in fencing or if a cartwheel went bad.
What do you all use in your alternative medicine cabinet? Are there any of these items mentioned here that you already use?