Do you take off your shoes before entering your home? Do you ask others to? Do you ever feel awkward asking them?
We take our shoes off before entering our home. In our old home, we took them off in the garage and left them there. In our new home, we have a mudroom that serves the same purpose, but is a tad more organized and warmer in the cooler months.
Why it might be a good idea to not bring your shoes in the house
- 2008 Arizona Study showed many things, but the average shoe had 421,000 units of bacteria on the outside.
- 2009 Texas Study found coal tar to be in house dust. Most likely it was tracked in from shoes. It is considered to be a human carcinogen.
- 2009 California Study found pesticides in house dust.
- 2014 University of Houston Study found that 40% of shoes carried a nasty, antibiotic resistant bacteria C.diff
- Dude, 8 common pesticides that are likely on your kitchen floor
So, what do you think?